STATISTICAL COUNCIL AND DUTIES
Statistical Council, according to Article 20 of Statistical Law of Turkey numbered 5429; The preparation of the Official Statistical Program has been established to put recommendations on the development and functioning of official statistics, its implementation, to identify and evaluate official statistical needs, and to conduct studies that include forward-looking opinions and recommendations.
The duties of the Statistical Council in accordance with Article 601 of the Presidential Decree No. 4 published in the Official Gazette No. 30479 dated 15.07.2018;
• Determination and evaluation of official statistical requirements,
• Assessing the problems encountered in official statistics production,
• Determining the institutions and organizations responsible for the activities defined in the program,
• Preparation of the program,
• Application of the program, evaluation of the reports of previous periods
And by making suggestions, it serves the Turkish Statistical System.